I found out today that one of my former co-workers from Kinko's, Jamie, committed suicide this past Tuesday. I got a phone call this morning about it. It's been a pretty strange day. I've known people who have done this before, but it's never been someone that I saw on a regular basis, or worked with directly. I remember the last thing I did before I left Kinko's was play a prank on him- it was what we did at Kinko's. I covered his desk in pink post-it notes... I'll include a picture if I can find it. Anyway, that's about all I'm going to write for today. I can't totally understand why this happens, but there had to be something going on that no one else could see, because even his roommate didn't know anything was going on. I think they are planning a memorial service for him next week. More on that later, most likely.
Friday, October 06, 2006
Jamie
I found out today that one of my former co-workers from Kinko's, Jamie, committed suicide this past Tuesday. I got a phone call this morning about it. It's been a pretty strange day. I've known people who have done this before, but it's never been someone that I saw on a regular basis, or worked with directly. I remember the last thing I did before I left Kinko's was play a prank on him- it was what we did at Kinko's. I covered his desk in pink post-it notes... I'll include a picture if I can find it. Anyway, that's about all I'm going to write for today. I can't totally understand why this happens, but there had to be something going on that no one else could see, because even his roommate didn't know anything was going on. I think they are planning a memorial service for him next week. More on that later, most likely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment