Friday, October 27, 2006

Busy busy busy

Jose, Casey and I at wings on Tuesday night.

Today I'm helping out my coworker with a big Industrial Advisory Board meeting across the street. And it's raining. And I left my umbrella in the car. Way to use your brain, Ashley!! lol...

Last night was one of the most frustrating I have had in awhile. I got off work a little early to run an errand for Diane (coworker mentioned above). I went to Walmart afterward, to get a few things for the costumes for this evening. Well, once I was finally done at Walmart, I came home, and tried to get a head start on a few items like running the dishwasher and doing some laundry, all while I attempted to work on the costumes. I finished my first load of laundry without a problem. When I put the second load in, I noticed that the dryer was making strange noises. Then it stopped working. I think a belt may have broken inside. So I had two large loads of laundry that were soaking wet.

After considering my options at 9:30 p.m., I decided to get a rope and hang the clothes in our guest room. I then put the heater and fan in there to circulate air and attempt to get the clothes dry. This took much longer than expected. By the time 11:00 rolled around, I still didn't have the costumes finished, and I had another load of laundry that I didn't have room to hang up. It seemed as though all the little things that should have been easy (like sewing by hand) took waaaaay too long to do. I'm still not finished with everything I need for tonight, so hopefully I can leave early enough to go home, get it done, and not have to worry about it anymore. Blah! That's what happens when you procrastinate... I know it's my own fault for not doing it earlier. Being on anxiety medication helps for the anxiety part, but makes you a little less motivated. Sometimes I wonder if I'd be better off freaking out about everything (like I used to). I do have to admit, though... I fell a lot healthier since I started on the medication, but at the same time, my motivation level has gone down even more. Is there a happy medium??!
Anyway, tonight should be fun. Even though it's raining, I think the party hopping we are planning to do will be a good time. I'll post pictures soon!

-Ashley

No comments: