First of all, I hate when people say "Halloweenie". Blah.Halloween this year has been pretty fun. We went out both Friday and Saturday night to celebrate and party hop. The Popeye/Olive Oyl costume seemed to go over well. I sprayed my hair black and it all managed to come out, so I was pretty happy. Friday night was... well... pretty much the only night I got crazy because Saturday I didn't even want to look at alcohol. I had fun Friday, but paid my price. I got what I deserved, I guess! Friday was probably the most fun because we got to see a bunch of people. Sam and Justin were in town so we got to see the old group again. I love Halloween in Columbia! It's always a crazy and fun time out with friends.

I went to Jamie's memorial on Saturday afternoon. It was actually really nice to see everyone. I hate to say that it was "fun" at all, but it was good to see people that I haven't seen in 2 years. Diane didn't make it and Ron apparently couldn't come back, but I saw Rhonda, Gina, and Andrew, which I haven't seen in at least a year now. We got to tell stories about Jamie and I was the 2nd one to go up and talk. I was shocked that I just went right up and started talking. And I actually made people laugh. It's so rare that I do either of those things in front of a crowd... so it was nice to pass another hurdle of anxiety.
Saturday night, we went to a Halloween party at one of the Grad students apartment. Roderick, my former REU from 2005, was probably the funniest I have ever seen him. He was dancing from 9:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. (or so I hear). Hew as dressed up like a little girl... I'll post some pictures.Anyway, that's about it. This weekend was fun. Tonight I'm going out for coffee with a few friends. It'll be a pretty tame Halloween this year, as far as the actual day goes. Partying all weekend is good enough to justify being lazy tonight. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment