Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Talking Trash

Yesterday, a few of the guys in our department cleaned out a storage room. They apparently had a TON of files and paper that they didn't need anymore, so they found 4 big recycle bins and one big gray bin to dump it in. I guess they thought that our custodial staff would take care of it, but instead the lady who normally takes care of our floor came into my office this morning and was PISSED because her gray bin had been used overnight and was now full of a mix of paper, files, and shredded trash. I took her to Diane because I didn't know what else to do. She and Diane got into it, then the lady took me to show me what had happened. It was definitely a mess. The problem was that she got an attitude, pissed Diane off, and became a little less than helpful with the situation. So much drama went on this morning regarding this so I had to write about it to let it out, and luckily it's worked itself out from here. I will not miss this part of the job!
My stress level is still pretty high today and I'm trying not to let it get to me... things just come up at work... lots of questions and things along that line... that I don't know how to answer. It's all related to us moving, Casey's dissertation, etc. Just waiting for something to happen so we can start planning the next month of our lives. Blah blah blah... same old stuff.
I took a bunch of pictures of Charley last night... check out my Flickr link to see the latest! I'm a photography addict these days. :)

-Ashley

No comments: