Thursday, August 28, 2008

New Day

Yesterday absolutely freaking sucked. I can't tell you how glad I am that it's over. I was an emotional wreck and I let a lot of things consume me that ended up being okay in the end.
Casey's defense was moved from the 4th to the 9th (his birthday). We are now moving on the 12th instead of the 10th. Things could have been a LOT worse. It does screw a few things up, but apparently those things have worked themselves out. I think my job at USC has turned me into a little bit of a control freak. When I think I have plans, and they change at the last minute, it completely screws me up. I thought I dealt with change better in the last few years than I ever have, but when it comes to big changes in my LIFE, I'm not so flexible. I guess I am just tired of feeling like I don't know what's going on and don't have any real answers to many things right now. I mean, I have a LOT more answers now than I did two weeks ago, but honestly... some of those things have changed already. I don't trust the answers I think I do have because I'm sure they will change. I feel like I'm walking on thin ice right now, and yesterday the ice cracked and I almost let myself drown. Casey saved me, but he shouldn't have had to. I'm not strong enough right now to do this on my own, so I depend on him, and he already has too much on his plate. I'm unfortunately going to look back at this time and realize that I could have made things a lot easier for him. But I'm still trying to get over being so selfish all of the time and not thinking about his feelings. He needs me right now, and I get so emotional sometimes that I don't even see that. So, let this be a lesson to myself; Everything is going to be okay, and just be strong right now and help Casey get through it. Sometiems growing up sucks.
So today is a new day. I woke up this morning, got a cup of coffee, and I'm writing things out right now so I can focus on the things I need to do around here. I have a lot of packing to do before we leave for the airport this afternoon. Casey is writing up a storm right now, and he has to turn some things in this afternoon to his committee. He'll be pretty consumed with that today, so I have to step it up and get some things done here. I think the caffeine is going to help a great deal in this situation. I hope.
Charley Brown is going to have an awesome weekend. Two of the ladies at Three Dog Bakery are going to watch him for us. He's going to get to spend this afternoon, tomorrow, and Saturday at the bakery. What a spoiled brat! ;) He's going to get all kinds of treats, and he will get to play with two dogs this weekend. The people there love Charley so much that they are actually going to split the weekend so they can both watch him. I know he's not going to want to come back home after that. Poor kid... he's so bored right now... little does he know that he's going to be completely worn out by this time tomorrow. I'm glad to have great people looking after him. It makes me feel a lot better about having to leave him here this weekend.
I am really excited about house hunting tomorrow at Saturday. It's probably going to be a bit overwhelming, but Casey and I are going to try to take good notes. We can't take pictures unless we are planning to get one of the houses, because they are still considered 'private property' right now. It makes sense, I just know that I would remember more if I have pictures. I take crappy notes. Luckily, Casey doesn't, so maybe together we can remember all 12 houses we are going to see tomorrow. I'm looking forward to meeting our Realtor. She seems like a really great woman, and she's done a lot for us already. I'm going to use the excitement I have right now to motivate myself in being productive around here today. I don't think I'll have much access to the internet while I'm gone, so I probably won't get to update until Sunday night or Monday. I should probably stop writing now since this is about the longest entry I've had on here in a Looooooong time. More later...

-Ashley

No comments: