Oh, where to start. Casey and I have been getting ready for our big trip to Chicago this weekend to look at houses. Casey's been working his ass off writing and trying to get papers to his advisor in order to do his defense next Thursday (a week from tomorrow). Last night, as Casey and I were sitting at the computer looking at houses online, Casey gets an e-mail from his advisor. He basically says that he doesn't know how Casey is going to be ready to defend next week, and that this is turning into a "nightmare situation". Casey has a meeting with him today. I guess we'll find out our fate at that time. Either way, we are going to Chicago tomorrow to look at houses, because EVENTUALLY we will live there... unless the defense date gets pushed back and the people at Casey's new job decide that they don't want to give him a 4th chance. That probably won't happen, but of course I dream up all these scenarios in my head when I'm lying in bed at night. There's nothing I can do right now but wait. I feel like our lives are totally in his hands and he doesn't even know it. He's one of the busiest people I know around here, but he has known about the deadlines for about 2 weeks now... mainly because HE was the one that made them. I think that's what upsets me the most. It's not like this came out of nowhere.
Anyway, I'm kind of at a loss right now. Everything will depend on the meeting today. Until then, I'm going to attempt to concentrate on work. Haha... like that's really going to happen at this rate. Blah. :(
More later,
Ashley
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment