
Wow, if my Dad reads the title, I can just see the face he will make on the horrific grammar! Sorry Dad.
Anyway, yeah. I'm sitting here at work. I have energy, which is kind of a miracle since the dog woke me up at 6:45 this morning... punishment for being boring last night and not playing with him as much as he would like, I think. So besides having energy, I have nothing to back it up. I hate to say that I'm 'bored', for fear of getting some crazy task like organizing a Rolodex stuffed with business cards. Not so much. But really, I lack motivation. I really like my job, and usually I don't have any question as to what I need to do during the day. But since the Japan REUs left for Osaka, I have been a little lost. There are things I know I need to do, but nothing is grabbing my attention yet. Nothing is imperative yet. It's almost October, which is going to bring several different things for me to do. Nonetheless, I am having a hard time concentrating these days. I get up in the morning and think... hmmm... no clue what today will bring. (Sigh).
So I'm busy listening to the normal morning sounds- people gossiping in the copy room... the copy machine buzzing... someone cussing at the copy machine for not doing what it's supposed to... coffee being made... normal chit chat from the professors about engineering and the many things that need to be fixed in the world... people talking on cell phones... bitching about coffee not being made when they want it... the norm. It's nice to be comfortable and enjoy the 'normal' sounds of the office. Yet, I have enough time right now to actually notice that, which means I'm not busy enough.
I want to do something around here that makes a difference. I want to be remembered for doing something that won't be forgotten after I leave. (And not for something bad, like a few of the people before me have done...) On that note, maybe that's all the motivation I need... I just need to DO something.

No comments:
Post a Comment