Saturday, September 23, 2006

Greek Fest

Last night proved to be a lot of fun! After I got over the severe allergy issues I was having yesterday during the morning and part of the afternoon, I could finally breathe and didn't have a headache. After a nice nap and some quality time with Charley, I went to the Greek Festival in downtown Columbia. It was smaller than I thought it would be as far as space goes, but the amount of people that were there almost made you claustrophobic. The food line was gigantic and roped around so far, it took us at least 30 minutes just to get our food, then we had a rough time trying to find a place to sit. But other than it being really crowded and everything, it was pretty fun and it was really nice to see everyone. We had a fairly big crowd there- I'll include a pic.
Afterward, Casey headed to work, and I went to Clay's house to wait for people to arrive before heading to Art Bar. I hadn't been there in a few weeks so it was nice to get back and see the crowd again. Apparently last week, Kevin Bacon was there hanging out after shooting part of a movie here in Columbia. This week, people must have thought he would come back, because the place was packed. Dancing proved to be a little more difficult because so many people were out there shakin' it. Oh, and they of course played "Footloose" as the first song, which made me want to roll my eyes. If Kevin Bacon actually came back there last night and happened to be there when they played that song, I would honestly be embarressed for the DJ. He probably gets that kind of crap all the time, and I'm sure it would be annoying. They had a "What Not To Do" list in the newspaper last week after they wrote the article about him going to Art Bar, and it mentioned a bunch of things that you shouldn't talk to him about if you saw him. I'm not sure who came up with the list, or how factual it was, but it was probably wise nonetheless. It mentioned not saying anything about the Six Degrees game, which I can understand as well. I can't say that if I saw him, I wouldn't be star-struck, but I probably wouldn't even say anything to him for fear of making an ass out of myself.
Anyway, enough of my rant. Tonight we're meeting Billy and Clay and going to see the local production of The Full Monty. We actually know a few people in the play, so Clay got a few free tickets. We were supposed to go last night but it was completely sold out last Tuesday when Clay tried to reserve seats. I hear it's pretty hilarious so I'm anxious to see it!
That's about it for now. I only had 5 hours of sleep but I'm still awake right now for some really strange reason. I think I'll take a nap in a bit, and then maybe take Charley for a walk or to the park. Other than that, I think it'll be a pretty relaxing day.
Here's a pic of some of us at AB last night- Melie and her b/f, Clay, and I

No comments: