So apparently my haircut doesn't look very good. The feedback I've gotten this morning hasn't been positive. I remember back when I used to get it cut and I would feel on top of the world. I would sit down in the chair and leave knowing that I got a really good haircut. I even scheduled it to be cut the day Casey left for Japan because I knew it would cheer me up. Now it's kind of hit or miss. This time it's my fault. I went in without knowing exactly what I wanted, and I just let my stylist do something different but not specific. I know it's also probably because I don't really know how to style it yet and I waited until this morning to wash it and try to style it. Either way, it would be nice if the first comment I hear is not so negative... hair tends to be a big self-esteem factor (esp. for me) so knowing that it doesn't look good makes me feel like I don't look good at all. And the allergies that are setting in today are making me feel even better, let me tell ya!
Anyway, I know I'm just such a big ray of sunshine right now... I'll try to be more positive.
Today is a short day at work, which will be nice since the dogs are at home. Roxie started whining this morning around 6:30, so I've been up for a little bit. The dogs played and Roxie scarfed down her breakfast. Charley just wanted to play, so he ignored his food. Roxie practically started screaming when I put her back in her kennel. Jenny said that she stays in her kennel all day and normally it's not a problem, but she has this high-pitched squeal that sounded like bad brakes on a car. I feel terrible leaving her in there, but I know Casey will get stressed if they run loose in the house because they both need so much attention all the time. It should get better as the week goes on, though.
I know I have some work to get done today, but I'm honestly not feeling it right now. All of this talk about moving, and the fact that it's already July and right before a holiday weekend has pretty much zapped my motivation. I'm sure I'll come back on Monday and realize that I have a lot more to do, but for now, I'm just spacing out and trying not to fall asleep.
Casey woke up this morning without a fever- thank goodness! He said he had a headache, but he thinks it's from a lack of caffeine. I really hope he's okay- if he feels bad later today, we're going to go to the doctor. I hate when he's sick. :( I always wish I can do more for him but I can never tell if he wants me to or not. Anyway, hopefully we're on the final leg of the 'flu' and he'll get better soon.
Time for me to be productive. I just felt the need to write as I was emotional about my stupid hair. It sucks being a girl sometimes. ;)
-Ashley
Thursday, July 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment