Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Confusion...

Yesterday, Casey found out that start date of August 4th was a big error in the Human Resources Department, and they really want him to start in June now. This has thrown us a big curve ball, since we've assumed that we'd be in Columbia most of the summer. I have mixed feelings about it all. Part of me is really excited to go up there and find a place to live. I think the biggest part of me feels guilty because I may have to leave things in Columbia with my REU students and not get a chance to finish everything. And then I'll have to say goodbye earlier than I thought I would. So far, Casey's committee is helping out and is going to work with whatever he needs to do. It's just really sudden. I'm not sure what is going on right now, but it seems pretty certain that we'll leave in early July, if not sooner. I want to tell people, but it's hard to tell everyone what's going on if I don't know any details like a start date, etc. Hopefully this will all work out for the best, and we will be able to get most if not all of what we have to do done ASAP without any problems. I'll keep you posted. I'm having a hard time concentrating right now...

-Ashley


PS: I know it's April Fool's Day, but I promise this is not a joke...

No comments: