
Charley's gotten pretty spoiled lately. We recently found a dog park at the Humane Shelter, and we've made it there 6 times in the last week and a half. Not only that, but last Sunday was Bark to the Park, at Finlay Park in Columbia. There were all kinds of tents with vendors, and contests you could enter your dog in; I regret not entering Charley in the "Best Tail Wag" contest because I'm pretty sure he would have won. He had a really good day, though, and got a lot of attention! There was a Boxer we met named Bruno who looked so much like Charley, they definitely look like they could be brothers! Even their tongues look the same! (Charley's the one with the bandanna in the back.) It was a fun day, and needless to say, Charley's pretty happy with all the exercise and attention he's gotten lately. :) I think the influence of the other dogs at the dog park may give him a chance to lift his leg when he goes to the bathroom, which I realize is not a big deal, but he's just never learned it and he squats like a girl. The other day at the park, I noticed that he went up to a plant and there was definite elevation in his leg (although it actually didn't leave the ground)... but we're getting there. He's starting playing more with the other dogs than just going up to all of the people- he's only really been around people all his life, so it's nice to see him come out of his shell a bit.

In other news, there's nothing new on the 'home front'... we should hear from BP sometime in the next week to take the next step in relocating to Chicago. I'm getting pretty anxious right now, as I know I've said before. There aren't many certainties in my life at the moment. I never knew that I had to have such a plan in life and haven't really stressed out as much about it as I have recently. I guess it's just the fact that my job is stressful and there are a lot of loose ends right now, and also the anxiety of knowing if we are going to get to go look at houses or not before Casey defends his dissertation. I am just trying to be patient and supportive because he's got a lot going on, too. It hasn't been the best week for him as far as research goes, but hopefully he'll be able to finish the last of his experiments by the end of the weekend and be able to focus more on writing. It's going to be pretty interesting when he's finished with everything... but it will be nice to start a new chapter.
I guess that's all for now. I have a lot on my mind right now, but no patience to keep writing. I'm sure I'll write again soon- hopefully with more news on when we're going or what's going on with my job. Woo woo.
-Ashley
No comments:
Post a Comment