Thursday, March 27, 2008

Celebrity Apprentice Fake-out

I have to admit, I've gotten sucked into watching the Celebrity Apprentice this season. God knows why. I think it was out of desperation for my Thursday night TV fix which has been absent since the writers' strike. And I have to say, the show was decently entertaining, if you like that type of thing. Tonight, however, made me remember the reason I detested shows like this in the first place.

They played Peers out to be this horrible Brit who was out to get everyone, and then showed Trace to be the All-American country boy. Fine, whatever. The thing I didn't respect was that they played Peers as the 'evil' one, yet Trump still picked him. I think the only reason he picked Peers was simply because he would bring Trump money. Why go on and on about how wonderful Trace is, ask everyone you work with who they thought was the best bet (which was normally Trace), and then go on and pick the one everyone hates? Ratings. That's it. Ratings and money. I've never been a big fan of Donald Trump, but I especially think he's a sleaze-ball now. I'm sure the only reason he picked Peers is because he's afraid of going bankrupt again, and he saw dollar signs everytime he looked at the cocky jackass. I also think that Omarosa needs to get a life. It was really tacky when they tried to get Peers and Omarosa to get into a fight. I actually sided with Peers on most of it. She's disgusting. And if she's really working for the White House like they said she is, I'm even more fed up with the government than I was before.

You know the thing that sucks most about this? I watched the whole thing. And I'm still talking about it. I guess the ratings thing really does work. But I will say that it was officially two wasted hours of my life. Thank you, Donald Trump.

No comments: