I know it's not good to blog about work because if, by some chance, someone from work reads my blog, I could have anything I write used against me. For that reason, I will be unspecific about the exact parties involved in my current dilemma, but I need the therapy of writing it out so I don't go insane.
I currently feel a bit like a doormat. I really like working for this Department, and I think in general things within our Department have gone well. People have taken really good care of me and have been pretty protective of me, which is awesome. It's the other Departments within the College that I am frustrated by. When I am asked by others to take pictures for an event, I normally don't mind doing it, mainly for the experience. But lately, I have not gotten any credit for pictures I have taken, especially in publications by the College. I have also been asked to do a couple of big tasks for other departments (and if the Dean didn't ask me, I would probably have said no). They asked me to help set up some things for the summer for students that are coming from overseas, but since we will be leaving around the time they get here, I'm worried that I might drop the ball since I have to set up everything before I leave and can't be here to ensure that it all works out. In all honesty, I'm not sure if I would be able to do it if I were going to be here. Where's the money going to come from? What events to I include them in? Who's going to be in charge of actually scheduling the events?? I am definitely replaceable... I just don't think they will be able to find someone to fill in before I leave. I don't want to leave any of these kids hanging. I don't want to be blamed if something goes wrong. But now a part of me is so stressed out that I almost want to leave as soon as possible. Sad, eh? I don't want them to push back Casey's start date now, because I don't know how I would be able to get through this summer without being WAY too stressed out to be affective. I don't want to end on that sort of note. I will genuinely miss the people in this department a lot. There are so many other aspects that I will NOT miss, though, and right now they are outweighing the good ones. I know all I really need to do is make a list and focus on the things that are most important, and start crossing things off. I know it's going to be okay, and I shouldn't lose too much sleep over it all, I just wish that I didn't feel like people were taking advantage of me, and I wish I could see when it is okay for me to say NO. (Sigh.) Whatever... in a few months I won't have to worry about it anymore, and things should work out for the best in the end. That's enough bitching from me for one day.
-Ashley
Friday, April 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment