I'm freaking out because nothing is certain right now. I'm freaking out because Casey's experiments are acting strange and giving him results that could change his start date, thesis, and pretty much everything he's been working on since we moved here. I'm freaking out because I have to be stronger than I think I can be right now. My confidence is about as consistent as Casey's start date at BP.
I'm really happy for a lot of people right now. Jenny has been kicking butt the last week or so with BeautiControl. I really wish I had the ability to do what she's doing right now. She's gone to 4 different schools this week to do spas for the teachers, has recruited quite a few, and already has over 12 spas booked. I really wish I would have done something like that in the beginning, because I feel like I've slacked off quite a bit over the last month and I want to get back into it. Now, with the uncertainty of Casey's graduation, and with my certainty about REU this month, I don't think I'll have time to do much with it. I would love to lose myself in a few spas and relax with that, but right now I'm not sure how that will happen. I guess I just need to try harder.
Andy & Meg found an awesome house up in Allentown, PA where they will move sometime this summer. He got back yesterday and brought pictures in today. The house is beautiful, and HUGE! Things are really falling into place for them, and I'm especially happy because it seemed like they were being dealt some rough hands there for awhile. Within 2 weeks, everything has changed for them- he got a great job in a perfect location, and they already have a house. I can only hope things can happen that quickly for us eventually.
Misael & Aidaris are expecting, which is also very exciting news! Another cool part is that we will be near them so we will get to see them during the process. They are moving to Chicago this Wednesday. Misael really likes his job as a post-doc at Northwestern, too. :)
I'm really glad things are going well for others and I hope we can tap into that luck sometime soon.
Dr. Gatzke and his family are leaving this weekend for 18 months in Germany. I guess I have to say goodbye to him tomorrow when I see him and the graduation festivities the College is sponsoring. I vounteered to take pictures tomorrow... it will be a lot less stressful for me, and I'll be helping out in a way. I think the two extra-curricular activities that are keeping me sane right now are photography and BeautiControl.
On a random note, I'm going to post a link (hopefully) with pictures of our "Snake in the Toilet" incident last weekend. I kept hearing the toilet run at random times, and it turns out the snake had somehow gotten into our toilet; every time it moved, it would pull the chain and the water would start running. Anyway, Casey was able to get it out of the tank, and we let it go in the front yard. It was apparently a Gray Rat snake. I'm just glad it wasn't poisonous, and I'm glad it's gone. :)
-Ashley

No comments:
Post a Comment