
As I was sitting here chowing down on one of my favorite things from SC, it made me start to think of all of the things I'll miss.
FOOD:
DiPrato's- For the amazing pita chips and pimento cheese dip that I'm enjoying right now, as well as their Signature Salad with strawberries, candied pecans, and raspberry vinaigrette dressing... AMAZING!

Al's Upstairs- Two words- LOBSTER BISQUE!!!!
Fujiya- The cute little Japanese restaurant just down the street from our house.
The Blue Marlin- She Crab Soup!!
Thai Lotus- Asian buffet... sooooo good!
Charleston Crab House- self-explanatory...
The Gourmet Shop- Excellent Sunday brunches, esp. with Casey & Charley Brown! The Chicken Salad is delectable!
Rosewood Dairy Bar- Where we've gone to celebrate Charley's birthday just about every year (he always gets a hot dog)
Carolina Cafe- Egg, Cheese, and Tomato Croissant... mMMMmmmm Good!
OTHER THINGS:
1. Walking into Piggly Wiggly and seeing who the Smile Manager is that day.
2. Ben Tanner's weather forcasts.
3. Being able to say "Cocks" without getting a dirty look.
4. Three Dog Bakery in Five Points... they love Charley Brown!!
5. Cool Beans, my favorite local coffee place.
6. Local music and art.
7. ART BAR and all the crazy memories that have happened there...
8. The Doggie Park at the humane shelter... namely Toby, Mary, Tina, John, Lilly, etc.
9. Shopping at Sandhill or Columbiana Center
10. Tailgating before USC Football games.
11. The Mad Platter- the paint your own pottery place....
12. "Ya'll" "I might could" "Get my picture made"... not sure if I'll miss those phrases, but I am willing to bet that the things you make fun of most are the things you miss when it's all said and done...
13. Riverbanks Zoo
14. Walking around Five Points with Charley and meeting all kinds of people.
15. Seeing Aaron and the guys dance in front of the fountain at Five Points
16. Halloween and St. Pat's in Five Points
17. USC Campus in all of its beauty... mainly away from the Engineering building...
18. Letting Charley run around the courtyard at Swearingen
19. Happy Hour Wednesdays/Thursdays
20. Riding the Segway just about anytime I want to...
21. Movie nights in Amoco Hall
22. Pool parties at Strom Wellness Center (esp. ones that I didn't plan!)
23. MeadWestvaco Plant Tours
24. Being 'Den Mother' 10 weeks of every year...
25. Crazy Kinko's memories like homeless guys and crazy customers
26. Sonic being right across the street from work.
27. Rosewood Dairy Bar and its glorious Butterscotch shakes! I know this is in the food category, but it was always fun to go there with Casey and Charley, too.
28. Our neighbors Wayne & Claudia
29. Being able to go to the beach in less than 2 hours
30. CHARLESTON
31. Monetta Drive-In
32. Co-Ed Dodge ball
33. How much Charley loved Dr. Raines, his vet at Shandonwood Animal Clinic.
34. Krispie Kreme donuts for every ChE seminar
35. People on the USC Campus: Jan, Zack, Barb, Jason, and too many people in my own Department to name at the moment...
I honestly can't think of more right now because it's already late enough in the evening. I'll do this again sometime soon... or I'll make a list about things I won't miss and maybe it'll help me transition a bit better with the move. :)
-Ash

No comments:
Post a Comment