So far this week has been fairly eventful. I moved in all of the SCSU students on Sunday. Had more Housing issues as they would not let me in the dorm because I didn't have a wristband... all of the participants have to have a wristband to prove that they belong in the dorms, and of course they didn't give us any in the beginning because I was the one moving everyone in and the Housing staff hadn't started yet when the REUs moved in. Since everyone was working this past weekend, we ran into a few issues. They had to get another guy from Housing to come over and clarify that I was a coordinator for the students so it was okay to let me in. Then I had to hand out all of the wristbands to the rest of my group so they wouldn't get in trouble. Oh, Housing...
I found out Monday that the Egyptian students weren't able to get Visas, so they aren't coming now. All of this after the crazy drama and numerous phone calls to Housing to get rooms for them after students kept getting added every week. So now, no more stress. I guess.
My parents got a dog this weekend- she is a Shiba Inu named Yuki, which means "Snow" in Japanese. She's so cute! I hope she and Charley Brown get along well. CB is doing well, although he's been a bit more pouty lately because I've been running back and forth from school and haven't gotten to spend a lot of quality time with him. It's been SO freaking hot here the last few days that it's tough to try to take him to the dog park, esp. when the AC in my car AND the fan have both died. It's like driving around in an oven. :P Hopefully those items will get fixed ASAP as tomorrow it's supposed to be 97 degrees with high humidity! Yuck!
So Casey's start date is apparently going to be September 15th now. I'm afraid to even write all of this because I figure that it'll change between now and then, but it looks like we'll be here until late August. I'm glad to be able to finish the entire REU program without having to leave early, though... that makes me happy. I think Casey will have plenty of time now to write from home and get everything figured out. I know he'll be stressed but I think it'll work out just fine now and he won't have this crazy time line to deal with.
Gotta go now- write again soon!
-Ashley
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment