Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Start of REU #4

I should definitely update on my REUs. They all arrived last Saturday (our 5 year wedding anniversary, in fact!). I really like the group so far in the 3 days I've been with them. I think we will have another good group this year. They seem to get along well when I've seen them interact in groups. They've already gone exploring together as only 2 have cars, so they walked around in Five Points Sunday. I took three girls to Walmart on Sunday, and one guy to Target later that evening. Move-in and Orientation went well. I really regretted not having my camera on me Sunday afternoon because the students and some of their guests got to ride around on the Segway at Swearingen. It was a fun way to start the program and I think everyone is enjoying it so far. I'll update again soon! The SCSU students move in on the 1st of June, so I'll be back at the dorms next weekend as well. I wore myself out this weekend, but hopefully next weekend's move-in will be easy. So far so good!

-Ash

No comments: