Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Random stuff to write about...

I noticed tonight while watching the news that both the local and national news had misspellings in their headlines. Spell check is a valuable thing that people apparently do not take advantage of; for example, the "Saftey First" canvas banner near Swearingen that was up for months without anyone noticing. I have a picture of it somewhere that I'll post eventually. I am baffled by some of these things. I know I've made my share of mistakes in spelling, but I normally look for that little red line under the word and change it if I need to. Just a concept my parents must have instilled in me at an early age. Boy do I sound like a snob right now...

Does anyone else think it's funny when an animal (namely a dog) passes gas and then looks back at their butt like, "What the heck was that?"

I recently had a Caramel Java Chiller from Sonic, and I'm addicted. It is delicious.

It drives me nuts when you go to a movie and a 9 year old kid is talking on a cell phone while the movie is playing. I like kids, but I honestly almost got into a verbal argument with a kid once because he was so loud on his phone in the theater. I didn't pay that much money to listen to him talk. And he's too young to have a phone anyway.

Once at a movie theater, the person behind me was translating the movie into Spanish for their friend. Again, I didn't pay that much money to listen to you talk, esp. speaking another language, for almost 2 hours. I don't think it's right that people can get away with that. I may be a jerk, but next time I'm going to go to the usher and get them kicked out.

Never name your son Tinker. That's the first name of the man who designs Nike shoes. Wow I bet he got teased as a kid. Middle school must have really sucked for that guy.

Did anyone see Brian Williams host SNL? He was a lot better than I thought he would be. I think Justin Timberlake has to be my favorite host in recent past- he is really talented.

Sorry if I sound like Andy Rooney. I'm not really upset or angry about anything, these are just pet peeves that add up over time, and when I'm as bored as I have been this evening, they all add up, thus creating a blog about it all. :)

I really need to post some pictures, so I'll blog again with some since I haven't done it in so long.

-Ash

No comments: