Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Coffee Chaos

I always thought this place would shut down if something happened to the coffee or chocolate supply. Today, I thank my lucky stars that we actually have a supply of candy, because the coffee machine is out of commission until our coffee guy shows up to fix it. They had to turn the hot water off because it was leaking all night. I've come to the conclusion that engineers should not be without coffee in the morning. They tend to be pretty grumpy...
I think I should just label this blog "Bitchfest" because it seems like that's all I do on here. But I have to say, it's a great source of therapy when I'm frustrated with something. I think it's kept me from going crazy a few times around here. You know it's going to be an interesting day when I'm already 'bitching' at 10 in the morning...
In other news, I'm getting anxious to go to Illinois and look for a place to live. Casey told me last night that he's excited to get to have weekends and projects on the house. This is music to my ears! And if he's anything like his dad, having a fixer-upper is going to be fun. The fact that he might enjoy being at home and not thinking about work all of the time is going to be a wonderful change!! I can't wait!!
On the other hand, I'm sad to leave this place. No matter how much they frustrate me or how I feel about my job sometimes, I will really miss the people here. I have probably learned more at this job that I have at any other I've had before; it's nice to work in an academic setting and get to know more about what Casey is doing. It's going to be hard to leave the people here. Even some of the ones that get on my last nerve... I think I'll miss them, too. I've learned to deal with quirky personalities... even if that means I have to blog about it every once in awhile... I still think they are neat people to know, and I have a lot of respect for what they do around here. It will be hard to leave.
That's all for now... hopefully the morale around here will pick up a bit and the coffee guy will get here SOON!! :)

-Ash

No comments: