Tuesday, January 08, 2008

No lunch for you!!

This story starts on my first day back to work after 5 days of being sick. I'm at my desk, drinking coffee, being productive, etc., etc., and I decide to take the advice of my husband (which I've heard more times than I can count) and remove all of my old leftovers that had been forgotten in the tiny fridge in our main office. Time goes by, and I finished my lunch for the day (which I had screwed up also, but that's another story altogether). Marcia, my coworker, comes in and opens the fridge, and then freaks out because her lunch is missing. I add everything up and realize that I threw her lunch away. :(
Another coworker Loretta came in a short time later, and I explained the situation to her. Marcia came into the office about that time, and Loretta offered her sandwich to her since she was lunchless. I asked her if it had been in the small refrigerator, and found out I threw her lunch away, too! I'm on a roll today!
Not to mention the fact that last night when I was attempting to make lunch for today, I browned the ground beef for Hamburger Helper, and then realized that I needed a cup and a half of milk that we didn't have. I tried to ad-lib and make tacos with the meat since it was late and I didn't think going to the grocery store was feasible. Everything went well, until we were assembling lunch today and realized that the shredded cheese was bad. So our lunch consisted of ground beef, diced tomatoes, and taco sauce. Blah.
I'm pretty much ready for the day to be over so I can start over and hopefully have a working brain tomorrow, and maybe even a nice lunch to eat. I think that's about the last time I try cleaning out the school refrigerator again. :P

-Ash, Lunch Nazi

No comments: