This weekend was very eventful. I went out on Friday night to Art Bar (like normal) and had a fun time with my friends. I had a few strange experiences there that I won't get into at this point, but it involved a gay guy trying to put my in his pocket. I'll leave it at that.Saturday I hung out at home, and slept in for the first time since I got back from Japan. That was nice- the dog actually slept in too, for once. I watched some movies and didn't do anything else besides my taxes, from what I remember. Sunday, I got up early and drove to my friend Olivier's house, and we took a little roadtrip to Charlotte to Carowinds. I'll post a few pictures so you can see a few things we did.

We made it there by the time the park opened, and apparently before the majority of the crowds came, too. We rode on 3 rides before the park started getting too busy. The weather was great- in fact, it was nicer than it normally is... we are typically standing there sweating all day. So it made for a nice 8 hour day. We rode just about everything once, if not 2 or 3 times. There was a Nickelodeon parade with the Rugrats and SpongeBob Squarepants, which you will see in the picture above... Other than that, not much has been going on. I saw a really good movie last night- Big Fish- which is pretty old but I never got the chance to see it before. I think I may watch it again tonight. It is definitely my favorite Tim Burton film so far. 
Wow, life is pretty boring, I guess. I am going to a party on Friday night for Steffen, a student from Germany who has been here for a few months. I will most likely have pictures from that to post soon.
There is a huge difference between this blog and the Japan blog... I am leading a pretty boring life as far as this one is concerned. :)
Looks like the picture function isn't working so I'll try to upload them later.
-Ash
Okay it's later, and the pics are working. Here are their explanations in order:
1. Me, SpongeBob, Bobby, and Jenny
2. Olivier, Patrick, Me, Billy, and Bret
3. Bobby and I
4. Olivier and I, displaying the massive difference in height. :) I won't even tell you how many times I heard, "Ashley, are you tall enough to ride on this?" Hahaha... :P

No comments:
Post a Comment