Friday, April 07, 2006

Sleep, sneezing, and my ever-changing opinion of my roommate...

First to sleep- I really need some! Granted, I have slept more this week than I did last week, but I'm definitely back to the same routine I was in before I left for Japan... Staying up late, hitting snooze a lot in the morning... not good. I kinda miss having so much energy in the morning and being so productive at work- not that I have been slacking, for sure. It just seems that this week was spent doing all kinds of other jobs instead of mine. Thursday and Friday, some head honchos were in from other Universities and companies, so I had to run around with my coworker to get everything set up for that. I love the lady, but she's a little bit of a slave-driver sometimes. I think I was able to sit down for maybe 30 minutes today at work in between all of the little jobs I got to do. I got so much on my plate yesterday that I ended up not being able to juggle it all and screwed up a few things. Namely, the nametags. (Haha punny.) I sure didn't print all of the ones I was supposed to have, and I had a bunch of grad students yelling at me because they didn't have one. I guess that's about all I messed up yesterday, but it was still enough to tick my coworker off. Then today, the nametags I know I actually HAD yesterday went missing, and the Interim Dean of the college didn't have one and I had to handwrite it. Hideous. I was so embarrassed. My coworker yelled at me rather loudly in front of him and he was nice enough to tell me later that he would only be there for 15 minutes and it really wasn't a big deal. At the end of the day, we found out that all the things that turned up missing yesterday and today were in my coworker's office. Yeah. Guess that's the way it goes, right?
IN other news, I have been sneezing a lot lately. It is really pretty here in South Carolina with all of the flowers blooming, but it really makes me want to rip off my nose. I can't stop sneezing and scratching... Charley and I are having the same problem, unfortunately.
This weekend, I am planning to go to Carowinds on Sunday, if the weather works out. Carowinds is the amusement park in Charlotte, N.C.. I had a lot of fun there this summer with the REUs so I look forward to it again. Maybe I'll get some sun? Who knows...
Finally, I had a rather interesting incident with my roommate earlier in the week which really sent me on a 2-day pissed-off spree and I got very close to telling her to move out. However, since I didn't do it initially, now I am stuck because she's been really nice ever since. We hung out, more or less, because we were entertaining Charley on Wednesday night. We talked for quite a bit last night, too. I don't know why I didn't say anything. The incident on Tuesday night was intense enough that I snapped at her which is rare. I had to take the dog and leave the house because I was afraid I would get too pissed off at her and do something I would regret. Who knows what that would be. At this rate, I wish I would have just stayed and told her that I need her to move out soon. But, being the type of person who is afraid of confrontation, I avoided it. You reap what you sow, I guess. One of these days, unless a miracle occurs, it will come down to me getting angry enough that I say something. We have been on the road there for awhile now. (Sigh).... guess I just have to buckle up and go along for the ride. I don't want to make any enemies.
I guess that's about it. I'm going out tonight, but if I don't get some energy soon, it's going to be a short one. I have been searching the house for my webcam so I can actually see Casey for once, but I can't find it anywhere. I have practically ripped the house apart looking for it, and I really don't know where else to look. Not to mention that my roommate's stuff is everywhere in the room I think it's in, and I feel like I'm going through an obstacle course just to find the darn thing. I may go buy a cheap one tomorrow if I get the chance.
Alrighty, I'm done now. Here's another random picture... of Charley, of course. This was taken about a year ago, actually. :)

-Ash

No comments: