This blog was written on MySpace by me about a week or so ago- I admit, I have been cheating on this blog and writing in another... but it's all pretty boring. I thought this one was at least worth sharing. I titled it, "The Perils of Being Fairskinned". :)
There is this fun concept about being fair skinned, or "ultra white" as I like to call it, that people who have pigment just don't understand. So when people are as pale as I am, there is a darn good chance that they won't tan. There was one point in my life that I had some color... I remember it well. It was the summer before high school, when I was outside riding my bike everyday in the summer. There are pictures of me, somewhere in the world, where I actually look 'tan'. By the way, tan for me verses tan for most people means that I don't reflect quite as much light as I did before, but I am still pale compared to normal folks.
So today at lunch, I sat outside for about 40 minutes, and went from off-white to a pinkish red color. And if I don't peel, I will go back to being white unless I can retain some of the color by going outside again. And I'm likely to invest in some SPF 45 just so I can hang out on the river with my friends on Saturday without frying. I have every intention of having some color by the end of the summer, but darn it, if I don't, deal with it! It's just not gonna happen. :)
To those of you who are trying to encourage me to layout and get sun, consider this fair warning. I promise this is a matter of genetics. I have tried tanning beds. I have even tried the spray-on tan, which was just ridiculous. Sooo... I will try to improve the situation so I don't continue to blind you all, but please understand that you will always feel better when you and I compare arms, because you will ALWAYS be darker than me. Glad I could help boost your self-esteem!! :)
Any chance that ultra-whities will be back 'in style' anytime soon?? I won't hold my breathe... although that might make me look like I have a little color...hmmm....
Sunday, April 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment