So since I wrote last, I have gotten through one week of work, my parents came to visit and bring Charley back, and I am slowly getting over jetlag. SLOWLY. Last night was the latest I have stayed up so far- 11:00... and then tonight it's almost 10 and I'm somehow still awake.
I had a nice time with my parents, although it always goes too fast. They showed up on Friday afternoon and I bonded with Charley for awhile, then we went out to eat. On Saturday, we took my car in to Walmart to get a new battery and two new tires. (I highly recommend Walmart for this- we probably saved at least $100 going there.) Saturday afternoon, my parents and I went to Five Points for the annual St. Patrick's day festivities. It was pretty crazy- lots of drunk people, lots of weird outfits, and some very good bands. I got to see Seven Mary Three play Cumbersome which was impressive. We didn't stay long, though... I felt bad for my parents because they were surrounded by drunk people and I think my mom was about to get trampled by some of them. They got to meet a few of my friends, though, so that was nice. We came back home, hung out with Charley some more, and then went out to dinner. We also rented Walk the Line that evening, which was good.
Sunday, we were bored and decided to get in the car and drive to Sumter National Forest with Charley. We went through Newberry which is a nice little town- we enjoyed the Southern-style homes. Other than that, we didn't see a whole heck of a lot, but it was nice hanging out with the fam. Sunday night came too quickly, and it was time for my parents to leave. I absolutely hate that part... but at least I know I will be home for Christmas this year and will get to spend more time with them... maybe Charley will get to come, too!
So the past few days I have tried to hang out with Charley and help him readjust to life in Columbia. We went on a walk last night and I took him to Blockbuster with me (he stayed in the car, of course). Tonight after Stan came over and hooked up the internet, I went out to Cool Beans (one of my favorite coffee shops in Columbia) and met my friend Caroline. We only hung out for about an hour and then I started to get tired again... stupid jetlag!! So now I thought I would update this and get some sleep soon. Charley's snoring beside me on the futon as I write this. He snores louder than Casey. He freaked out last night because he heard the dog next door barking, so he came in my room and ended up sleeping in my bed. I woke up a bunch last night because he was having puppy dreams and twitching, or snoring. Then if I moved at all, he managed to scoot into the spot where I was laying, so eventually I ended up on the edge of the bed without much of the blanket. Sad that he took up so much of the bed! I guess it's worse that I couldn't move him over because he's so heavy! (Only about 20 pounds to go and he'll weigh as much as I do...)
So anyway, I should stop writing now... I wish it was more exciting stuff but unfortunately I'm still jetlagging it and probably will for at least a few more days. Hopefully this weekend will have noteworthy events to write about. In the spirit of my Japan blog, here's a picture for the heck of it. :)
-Ashley

No comments:
Post a Comment