Well well well... it's been almost a week since I've written, and a lot has changed. This time last week I was in Osaka, Japan. Now I am back in Columbia, SC. Reality hit me so hard I am still recovering.
So the current situation is like this: I came home excited to see everyone, drive my car, and eat junk food. So far one out of three of those have been good to me. I have seen everyone and it's been great catching up with people. However, my living situation is awkward at best, my car is dead (battery died and tire is flat), and the junk food hit me hard so my gut was fussing at me a bit this week as I readjust to 'American' food. I don't want to complain too much, but I have to say that my living situation is frustrating. I will say that I am hearing one story from my roommate and quite a different one from everyone else, so it appears that someone is lying. Apparently there are things wrong with the house and my roommate wants to get out of here ASAP, but to me she's saying she wants to live here until May when Casey comes back, and that nothing is wrong. I have heard so many contradicting stories that I am about to have 'the talk' one of these days... just waiting for that one bit of information that sends me over the edge. I'm not good with confrontation so I guess this is one instance where I need to buck up and deal with it. It may take care of itself soon, too, so maybe there will be no worries. For now, all I know is I am making a list of things I hear, and I'm waiting for the right time to strike.
In other news, work is going well... finally! I have been sending out offer letters to potential REU students this week, and I am confident that we will have another good group this summer. I have seen some impressive applications so far and I'm excited to hear back from them soon, hopefully with a 'yes' about our offer... they are getting paid more than they thought they would, so I think we'll hear more yays than nays. It has been fun seeing everyone at work. I was informed by my female Puerto Rican friends that I am not allowed to cut my hair anytime soon. I didn't realize how long it had gotten in Japan until I saw them and they kept talking about it. :) I'll try and post a picture soon... I had to leave the camera in Japan and I'm feeling strange without it. Hopefully I'll get the REU camera back soon and all will be sane again. :) Who knew I was such a control freak?
I guess that's about all for me. I am mainly using this to keep in touch with people back in Kansas, and a select few in Japan. I highly doubt this will be as interesting as the Japan blog, but I'm willing to give it a shot.
Oh- one more noteworthy event before I go... my parents are bringing Charley back tomorrow, and I can't wait to see him!! I am also super excited to see my parents, of course. Plus, the house will be empty this weekend so we can enjoy each others company. Finally! My baby will be back! :) Now I just need the other one here and life will be 'normal' again. :)
That's all for now... I'll update again later when something interesting happens. :)
-Ashley
Thursday, March 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment