<--- Charley smiling for the camera... hahaha...My dog Charley is scared of everything. Mostly noises and our oscelating fan. He's a big dog and to look at him, you might be a little intimidated (I've been told to tighten his leash before when I was out with him because people were afraid he'd come attack them or something). In reality, he's one of the friendliest dogs I know... and one of the biggest chickens.
Tonight I decided that I would try to get him accustomed to his new kennel, so maybe he'd have a place to sleep at night instead of my room. The kennel's pretty big- after all, he is a 70 lb dog. So when I realized he was totally freaked out by the thing, I decided to try and lure him in with treats. (Since most guys are motivated by food...) :) Well, it didn't work when I just put the treats inside it near the back, so I decided to get inside it and try to hold the treat to see if that would work. It didn't. So I basically sat inside my dog's kennel for about 20 minutes while he sat outside of it and either looked at me weird or barked at me. Things we do for our pets. I am almost willing to bet that not many people out there have actually gotten into the kennel for their dog. Does this mean I'm a crazy dog lady now?
In other news, I went out to dinner with some friends tonight- it was nice seeing them and catching up. I hadn't seen my friend Graham since I got back from Japan, so we chatted for a bit and made plans to meet up tomorrow night at PT's Cabaret... which is exactly what it sounds like. I went to a drag show there on Sunday and that was quite fun. My friend Bobby told the drag queen (in the picture) that I was scared of them, and I thought I was going to die. Here's a picture of me with Bobby, my friend Clay, and the drag queen, "Paris". He/she was actually very pretty in person and did not look quite as much like a cartoon as the picture would lead you to believe. Only a few of them scared me- as long as they don't pull me up on stage with them or draw any kind of attention to me, I don't mind them at all! I am quite impressed by their ability to wear high heels- that's something I'm still not able to do yet...I think that's more than enough information for one entry. Hopefully I didn't freak anyone out about the drag queen topic! It's not as bad as you might think...
I'll write again soon!
-Ash

No comments:
Post a Comment