Friday, March 24, 2006

Dog sitting...

Well, my weekend is starting off a little crazy. My roommate and her boyfriend went to North Carolina for the weekend and I'm watching his dog. Luckily, the dogs get along okay- better than the first time they met. However, I have not had much energy for the past few days, and today I had blood taken, so I have been a little weaker than normal. Now I have two full sized dogs to watch after, and my little one isn't listening very well. He seems extremely interested in jumping all over the other dog and chasing her around. I can't eat in peace because they follow me everywhere and the other dog barks a lot. (Sigh)... it's not Sunday yet, is it?
In other news, I guess there isn't much. Jenny is having people over tonight to watch movies and play games, and as much as I would love to go, it's just not going to happen tonight. Tomorrow, our friend Sam is hosting an Iron Chef competition at his house, which should be fun. There are four teams and they all have to make a breakfast dish. He changed it up a bit and didn't have a secret ingredient. The audience members get to eat some of the food if there are any leftovers after the judges try them out. Sam has been funny in the planning process- he has gotten so excited about every little detail, like getting the Iron Chef soundtrack and ordering Iron Chef aprons over the internet... there is already talk of another event in the next month or so. It seems like everyone wants to be apart of it now (except me... I am content with staying in the audience... I'm afraid I'll have another salted ham/salmon incident like I did in Japan...)
Not to jinx myself, but both dogs are sleeping right now, in the same room. I think it's a miracle! I'm sure that won't last long, esp. if I get up to go get my pajamas on. I am pretty much stuck here on the couch (next to Charley who is snoring) until one of them moves and wakes the other one up, or unless I sneeze or something and upset the apple cart. :)
That's about it for me... I'll write back later- maybe tomorrow after the Iron Chef event... I hope to have pictures, too!

-Ash

No comments: