Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I just witnessed an accident!

I have no idea what just happened, all I know is that I was running an errand with a coworker, and we were 2nd in line to turn left to go toward the Engineering building, when out of nowhere, this big white truck slams into the back passenger side of a woman's car. The car bounced into several other cars (including the one in front of us and just to the left of our car)... Next thing I know, the woman is bent over in her seat, bleeding from the left side of her face, and Diane (my coworker) got out of the car to help her. She had a child in the back seat passenger's side, which got hit, and apparently had blood all over his face, probably from the glass breaking. Luckily, there was a police car driving by at that moment, so they called for backup quickly... not to mention the fact that there was a nurse a few cars behind us who run right up and started helping the woman and child. It was all really fast, and we're darn lucky that we weren't directly involved in the crash. I really hope the people involved are okay! It really is amazing how quickly that can happen.
That's about all for now... just had trouble focusing on work because it just happened. I also figured out that I am not good in that sort of situation- I froze, and for a moment I couldn't remember which number to dial from a cell phone for an ambulance... but luckily I didn't have to because the cops were already there. Maybe it will just prepare me for what to do in case it happens again... and I hope it doesn't. YIKES!

No comments: