I don't know if it is the over-abundance of sugar today (thanks to the people in the Department who are showing 'love' with candy) or if it's the crummy weather, but I almost pulled a George Costanza and took a nap under my desk. I can't tell you how much work it is just to stay awake right now. It could also be because I took a nap yesterday after work (because I felt very similar to today), or maybe the fact that our power went off last night and then came back on around 1:15 a.m., so we had to get up and shut off the T.V., lights, etc.. Then the dog was pretty hyper so we had to calm him down a bit. I'm trying to drink another cup of coffee, and I chased that with a piece of cake... not smart, I know. But for real... I could really use an IV of sweet tea right now. I am trying to kick my feet as I sit in my seat, in hopes that the blood will decide to flow and help me stay awake. So far it's not working. Even writing in the blog isn't working. I'm a waste of space here today, but it's not like that's rare. :)
In other news, I made a scrapbook for Billy & Clay, and gave them to them last night. They really enjoyed them. Clay brought his to Trivia last night. I felt like I slacked on their Christmas presents this year, so it was a post-Christmas, pre-Valentine's day gift. It went over well! Pictures are great gifts. I love taking and giving them... so I usually have my work cut out for me.
Well, before I pass out and my head hits the keyboard, creating a stream of unintelligible nonsense (if I haven't done that already), I should probably sign off for now. I'm afraid to include a picture because if I took one right now you wouldn't see the whites of my eyes. I have gotten virtually nothing done today, which is weighing on me... but not enough to wake me up. :( If my boss happens to read this, I want to give a sincere apology. I'll make up for it in one way or another... maybe in the hours I'll work this summer when I'm on call 24/7. :)
-Ashley
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment