Thursday, May 25, 2006

Me again...

(This is a picture of some of my REU students at the Ice Cream Social we had today for May birthdays.)

Here's what's happening in life right now:

Casey came home from Japan on Friday, May 19th. Thank God. My roommate moved out the Tuesday before. She got sick and couldn't leave the house before that like we'd planned... but it ended up working out okay and the house was fairly clean when Casey got home. We didn't realize how much room we really have here!
I got 17 students last weekend for our REU program. So far they are nice and we are getting little issues with internet and housing worked out. You can see pictures of the group at http://photos.yahoo.com/uscreucoordinator in the REU 2006 album... I'll add more all the time. Today was our first real social event and I snapped a few pictures (and headshots) which I hope to update tomorrow- there are four students not included in the headshots today. The poor kids have to endure the hot Carolina heat right now, and walk a long way across campus to get to work... but so far I think they're handling it okay.
I guess that's about it for now... Casey should be home soon and we are taking Mr. Brown for a walk. Also, before I forget, yesterday was our 3rd anniversary and we went out to dinner and had a nice time together. We went to an awesome italian restaurant which was family-owned, and had one of the best pieces of cheesecake I have had from a restaurant. If you live in Columbia, it is Villa Tronco- I highly recommend it!
I guess that's all for now. Sorry this is boring, and very far behind. Life just started slowing down for me now and I'm trying to catch up on things I have ignored... like blogging. :)

-Ash

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Hey Ashley I actually remembered your anniversary... but obviously forgot the whole letting you know I remembered by sending a card thing. So anyhow, happy belated anniversary! Sounds like things are going well in SC.